Friday, June 12, 2009

Asleep at the wheel

Ok, this one is funny! Eventhough the title is a bit scarey, I think you will laugh.

After Keira was dropped off by Grandma and Papa (their usual weekend trip to Home Depot, and this time with Chloe and Evan!) she and I cleaned up the kitchen and then headed to the park. She was so excited. In addition to the park, she loves to ride in her buggy. So, instead of driving my car to the park that is only a block away, I thought I would walk (Lord knows I need it) and Keira could enjoy a ride in her favorite mobile toy. Just to go get the mail in it is a treat to her so going all the way to the park is the best idea she has ever heard of.
We started out on our trek to the park on a cloudy and chilly day in June. Odd, I know. When she is in the buggy, Keira's hands always grip the steering wheel or fiddle around with the tires. As we exited the gate she continued to turn the wheel and honk the little horn. Before I knew it, both little hands were at her sides. And as I continued to walk down the side walk I noticed her arms were kind of limp. I had to check it out. My daughter had fallen asleep at the wheel! Her poor little head was bobbing and weaving so much that she had to grip the wheel to stay up. She looked very uncomfortable. I guess the ride from the buggy had lulled her to sleep and now she is fighting with gravity to keep her head from hitting the hard, plastic steering wheel. You can barely tell in the picture, but her eyes are closed! After many cars driving by and me feeling like a bad mom for stopping for a "Kodak Moment," we headed home. I carried her in one arm and pushed the buggy with the other.
Right now, as you can tell from picture #2, she is snoozing on our family room couch, cozy and warm. But when she wakes up I know she will be asking to go out again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Friends and Family

About Me

My photo
A family of four, trying to make it one day at a time.