Monday, June 22, 2009

Keira's newest victory!

In a previous blog posting I told you we were potty training Keira, and that it wasn't going so smooth. Well, last weekend I decided to go into it fully committed. No turning back. And now, a bittersweet moment, my baby girl is no longer a baby!
At just 1 year and 11 months old she is now potty trained! She wakes up in the morning and her pull-ups are dry. She sits on her potty, does her thing, jumps up and yells "yey, Kiki" when she has accomplished her goals. Most of the time she gets a gummy bear for a job well done, and two bears for a more solid product. Sometimes she forgets about her gummy bears and oops, so do I.

***Side note: Just yesterday my brother and sister-in-law who, by the way, don't have kids, asked if I use the gummy bears that are the vitamins. Duh! Good solution! To all those parents out there who haven't been through this yet, start with those! You might have better success when you're trying to put your kid to bed at 8:30 and she is hyper from all the "rewarding" you have been doing!

Anyways, back on track. Keira is doing so well, and I'm afraid of her "big reward" I hesitantly said ok to. She is always admiring my earrings so I told her that when she goes on the potty she can get earrings, too. I don't know how Daddy will feel about this, but I'm hoping she will forget about it just like she forgets about the gummy bears. Will just a high five do, instead?...I hope so.

1 comment:

  1. oh my goodness Penny! you are truly wondermom! How in the world did you get her potty trained before the age of 2. I need some tips so I can do the same!
    Please come and visit soon. I miss you!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Friends and Family

About Me

My photo
A family of four, trying to make it one day at a time.