Friday, August 14, 2009

Dr. Madrid's conversation with Keira

Dr. Madrid: What happend?
Keira: I fell out of the cart
Dr. Madrid: You fell? Aw, did you get hurt?
Keira: My head
Dr. Madrid: You hit your head? Does it still hurt?
Keira: No
Dr. Madrid: Does anything else hurt?
Keira: No

Ok, so let me fill you in on the story. Lindsey and I were shopping last weekend, and with Keira in tow we were able to hit a lot of stores surprisingly. I was searching for some curtains for my living room and kitchen sliding doors and Lindsey was looking for...anything cute. Keira fell asleep in the car on the way to Murrieta. Just as I usually do, I laid her in the big part of the shopping cart with Blankie and an pillow (her backpack full of extra undies). She woke up in the middle of us shopping and we didn't realize her standing up in the cart. Just as she was leaning forward for a hand soap dispenser, she leaned too far and did a full flip out of the cart! OMG! I was so scared to even move her. My first thought was she had spinal injuries and to call 911. Then I told myself to calm down and hold her. That was all she wanted. My baby was scared, too. Once we got her to the restroom to clean up the tears we realized she was ok. The store manager was great. She gave Keira some water and a lollipop to help her feel better. Needless to say I received the "Worst Mom in the World" award that day. She will NEVER be in a shopping cart again without being buckled into the seat that is probably there for a REASON. Now, Keira's only injury is a large bruise on her left leg with a slight bump. Ah, if that is the only thing that happens then we are in good shape, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Friends and Family

About Me

My photo
A family of four, trying to make it one day at a time.