Saturday, August 14, 2010

Keira's 3rd birthday party

Hello and my apologies to my readers. The cord for our computer was on the fritz and I was unable to do any extra computer activities that were outside of bill paying. But thanks to Stephen, we now have a shiny new cord that (I hope) will last us a while.

We celebrated Keira's 3rd birthday on the 31st at our house. The theme was Nemo but had a lot of fish and under-the-sea creatures too. She loves fish. And when I say love I mean it in the deepest sense of the word. She always wants to eat fish for dinner, constantly tells me she want to be a fish, and sometimes in the bath, she is one!

There were lots of friends and family at the Nemo birthday party. To save a little money we served just snacks and drinks. I think the favorite were the Swedish Fish candies I put into a small bowl that I thought was out of reach from the children. When it came time to sing Happy Birthday, we had (of course) Costco cupcakes. We also had a game that the children played in the front yard; Fishing for Smiles! Each kid had a fishing pole and the magnetic fish were in a little baby pool that was filled with water. They had to catch a fish that had a smile on it. When they did, they got a prize! Chloe and Evan were pros at it. Chloe even asked for a chair to sit in while she fished. Keira, Aiden, and Zoey needed a little help but finally got the hang of it, too. Emma was the keeper of the prizes. Being that she is 9 now, she doesn't play "baby" games anymore. Everyone had a really good time. I hope you enjoy the pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Friends and Family

About Me

My photo
A family of four, trying to make it one day at a time.