Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Yummy!

Brian and I finally gave in and let Keira buy an ice cream from the ice cream truck that frequents the streets of our neighborhood. This has been a goal of hers for a long time. She knew she had to pick a treat that didn't have the "man-made red" so she chose a Scooby-Doo popsicle with bubble gum eyes. Her excitement grew into a sticky mess. Oh my, was I glad she already had her bathing suit on. Soon she was covered in chocolate and vanilla ice cream. When she was done, I, being the Mommy that I am, was waiting with my clean up crew. I wiped and I wiped. I soon noticed the chocolate had stained her skin. Just short of Googling "how to remove stain from your child's skin" I put her in the bath for a good soak. With some good scrubbing and a little bit of sweat, it all came off. I admit I was fearful due to the fact that she was scheduled to have school pictures taken the very next day. Hopefully, the remains of the Scooby-Doo popsicle went down the drain with the bath water and not on my memories of Keira's first year of pre-school!

You can actually see Keira doing the "happy clap" in this picture!


This is nothing near the end result.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Friends and Family

About Me

My photo
A family of four, trying to make it one day at a time.