Sunday, May 22, 2011

He's arrived!

Welcome home to my baby boy! Ethan Brian joined us on May 19th at 5:06pm. He weighed 7lbs 10oz and was 19 inches long. We are so thrilled to have our family completed with the arrival of our little man. Keira is a little resistant to the name we have chosen, and definitely came up with her own name for him. But we, as a family, have an Ethan. Here's how my story goes:

Thurs May 19th

7:00am
Wake up with Keira. Breakfast. Get her dressed for school.

8:40am
Wave good-bye to Brian and Keira as they leave for their days.

8:55am
Text my MK Director about help with the ordering web-site. Set up a call for 9am.

9:00am
Begin my phone call

9:21am
Call waiting from my mom. (I answered it because I knew she was calling to check on me and if I didn't answer, she would just call later. Wanted to save her the second phone call.)

9:30am
Proclamation: "I don't feel so good." Set up arrangements to go grocery shopping with my mom at 10:45, then to pick up Keira from school at 12. Had some stops to make on our way to the grocery store, too.

10:00am
Return call to Dir. Set up time to make quick stop by her house for a pick up.

10:45am
Mom arrived

10:50am
Left my house

10:57am
FIRST CONTRACTION! Told mom "Maybe we should be timing this..."

11:00-11:05am
Arrived at Dir.'s house. Picked up make-up and left.

11:07am
SECOND CONTRACTION!

11:something-ish (it all gets kind of blurry after this)
Arrive at post office. Pray there is a short line. Pick up my stuff. Leave. Two more contractions while I'm there! Called Brian at work. Told him my contractions were coming but not to leave work yet. He didn't listen to me. He left anyway. You'll see a trend in that as the story goes on.

The contractions kept coming. I then decided I would not be able to concentrate at the grocery store and to just go to the craft store, Joann's, to find something my mom and I had been looking for for a while. More contractions. No luck finding the thing we needed either, but found other stuff. Waited in line. Had more contractions. Received sympathy looks from fellow crafty shoppers in line. Went to sit in the car while my mom paid for her stuff.

Left the craft store. Called Keira's school. Decided to pick her up early.

11:55am
I can remember this time of day because Keira's school gets out at 12 and I thought about just letting her finish up the day. My mom didn't listen to me. (Trend)

12:00pm
My mom told Keira we had a surprise for her. No, it's not your birthday. No, it's not Sea World. No, it's not Disneyland. Geez! Where is this girl coming from?! Call Dr's office to tell the nurse that contractions were about 10min. apart. Was told I would be called right back.

12:11pm
Dr's office called. Was told to go to the hospital.

12:12pm
Called Brian and told him what Dr said.

12:13pm
Decided I really didn't want to drive all the way to Fallbrook to be sent home. I really didn't want to be sent home. Told my mom to go to my house first so that we could let things progress further. She got on the freeway. (Trend)

12:28pm
Called Brian to say we were getting off the freeway.

12:something
(we got stuck behind a motor home driving up Mission and then was distracted by how long it was taking to get there!)

Arrived at the hospital and was greeted with open arms by one of my friends that works in the L&D Dept. It was nice to see her face but let me say that I couldn't get into that pt bed fast enough.

Did all my stuff to prove that I was in fact, in labor: changed into a hospital gown, left a "sample", got hooked up to several machines, and tried to breathe through my contractions.

1:30pm
The next thing I remember is being "checked" and told I was at 3cm. Yay! Epidural time!

2:00
Got checked again: 10cm! What?!!! My water still had not broken and the doctor was no where to be seen.

3:00pm
waiting for Dr. but feeling nothing

4:00pm
still waiting with my lovely epidural

4:50pm
Dr. arrives, checks me, tells me to push...

5:06pm
Arrival of my sweet boy Ethan Brian Arnold 7lb 10oz, 19in.

The umbilical cord was wrapped around his neck and he was the darkest shade of bluish-purple! Ouch! Poor guy. Luckily, he was not in that position for very long. He is now a happy healthy little boy and our family is now complete.


Relaxing with Daddy and Keira

With Uncle Time and Dyanna

With Chloe

1 comment:

Blog Archive

Friends and Family

About Me

My photo
A family of four, trying to make it one day at a time.