On Monday night Brian and I went to the Opening Night baseball game for the Anaheim Angels. Brian's brother got the tickets from a guy he works with but unfortunately couldn't get the time off at work. It was a great idea for a date night. And, so that we didn't have to rush home for her bed time, Keira spent the night at my parent's house.
Brian and I were ok with the idea that we wouldn't get the the stadium on time, so we casually left the house and drove up the 15 freeway. As we got closer and closer (and the traffic was not so bad!) we soon realized we might just make it to see the opening pitch, or maybe even the "fly-by"! Well, we did see the fly-by...from the freeway off-ramp and missed the opening pitch. That didn't get us down, though. After we parked the car, bought a $5 drink in a commemorative cup (to share) and stopped at the bathroom for the first of many times (and not for me) we were on our way to find our seats.
We hiked all the way up to the very top, and all I have to say is WOW! We were up so high, I think I got dizzy once or twice. Still, we had a great view of the game. The Angels played well, and beat the Oakland A's 3-0.
After the game we headed over to Downtown Disney for dinner at ESPN Zone. Needless to say, we watched more baseball on really big TVs. We drove home extremely tired and fell into bed.
It was a much needed night out for us and we had a blast. I don't think Brian is ready to abandon his Padre's jerseys just yet, but we might try to go to another game.





No comments:
Post a Comment