I am so sorry for neglecting my blog these last few weeks...
Easter went well. Keira had 3 egg hunts in 2 days. The candy is still lingering. She knows the color yellow better than any other color. All of her jelly bean requests are for yellows (yeyows). If I tell her no, then she'll ask for a blue (boo) or pink (that one she says pretty well). Man, she is keeping me on my toes. Everyday is something new with her. For example, this morning was a bit cloudy and chilly so I picked out a pretty sweater for her to wear. I thought she would be excited to wear her shoes with the bees on them (she loves shoes!). Well, she got one glimps of her Chargers jersey and it was all over. Not only did she not want to wear her sweater (with the "owies"), but she HAD to wear her jersey. Soon the tantrum started. Needless to say she went straight to bed and is currently napping in her sweater. The jersey is still hanging in the closet. Yes, I won this time but I know it is only going to get harder.
We went to Disneyland on Friday the 24th. Keira is now tall enough to ride on the Matterhorn. You must be 35 inches to ride and she just barely made it. I think there was a little help from her shoes. Dressed as Minnie Mouse, she stood in line with us as we waited our turn. Before we got to the front one of the cast members asked if we were a group of 3 and I said, "yes". They brought us to the front of the line and we were soon stepping into our bobsled. Keira was in the front in my lap and Brian was in the seat behind us. As we started our way up the track I was reminded of all the scarey points of this ride. The roars from the monster, the eyes that light up, and the many-foot drop at the end. Well, it was too late to turn back now. And to my suprise, Keira was neither scared nor excited throughout the entire ride. She had no expression what-so-ever. As we got off the ride Brian asked if she wanted to do it again and her response was "uh huh". We couldn't tell if it was a no or a yes....so we went on Pirates of the Carribean. Later on we met up with Brian's family and had a blast. We had our traditional Sonic afterwards and headed home. On our way back to the freeway we took a detour to find a gas station. While we were stopped at a light I looked to my right and saw tons of candles, picture frames and signs. I asked Brian if he knew what had happend there and he said that was the corner where the pitcher from the Angels was hit and killed. It made it feel so much more real. The city really had come together in a hard time. We had a good time and got home so late.
The home stuff is going well. Not much furniture yet but it is coming along. Pictures will soon follow as soon as I get a chance to make the house look photographable. I hope everyone is doing well. Love you all!
End of the school year
4 months ago





No comments:
Post a Comment