Well, many of you know that Keira's birthday is only two days before mine. So far, Brian has not let my birthday get lost in the shuffle of life. He's very good about getting me gifts and having Keira give them to me. Yesterday, she gave me a cute black dress I had been wanting and a Mickey Mouse birthday card. She wrote a message inside the card (scribbles) and signed her name (more scribbles). It was very sweet.
Keira and I both had Dr. appointments first thing in the morning. The nurse wanted to take Keira's blood pressure but she was not having it so I went first. As usual, my BP is great! After seeing Mommy do it, Keira put her arm up right away but once the cuff started to inflate she didn't like it again. The nurse, Laura, also took her height and weight. According to the scale she is in the 80th and 75th percentiles. It has dropped since she was first born when she spent most of her days in the 90th and 95th. I don't know if it is an old wive's tale or not, but I was told that if you take their height at two years old and double it, that is the height they will be as an adult. Ok, prepare yourself...5'10" is what the Dr. said! Coming from an Asian family, nobody in my family knows what that is like! I guess we'll have to brush up on our volleyball skills. (Not that I ever had any.)
Unfortunately we also attended a memorial service yesterday for a good friend who passed away last weekend. Uncle Drew is Craig's uncle, and will be greatly missed. He was the kind of guy who knew how to fix practically anything. He always had a good piece of advice and was always willing to share it with you whether you wanted it or not. The good news is Uncle Drew is with the Lord. I have not a doubt in my mind he is living and loving his eternal life.
After the memorial Brian and I went to lunch with some good friends Ralph and Kristen. Yum, sushi. And since we were at the mall we did a little shopping. When we were done we went home and Brian had to head off to work for a later shift. Keira took a nap while I made some shopping lists. And when she woke up, yep, more shopping. We went to Kohl's, Target, and out for Mommy's birthday dinner - Rubio's fish tacos. It was just the two of us and I liked it like that. I had a great birthday and can't wait for next year's!
End of the school year
4 months ago





No comments:
Post a Comment