Friday, July 24, 2009

Happy Birthday Keira!

It's official, our daughter is two years old. Keira turned two on Wednesday and boy, has it gone fast! I remember her first breath like it was yesterday, having those first signs of labor at 11:04pm on July 21st 2007. (I know because I kept the piece of paper I used to keep track of my contractions. Sad, I know.) Now, my girl is walking, talking and enjoying being a smart, talented and beautiful little girl. Ok, I'm a bit biased. Can you blame me, though?
For Keira's birthday dinner we took her out for a fun dinner and told her she can bring one friend. She chose her cousin Evan (or as she would say it, Enin.) He is only 7 months older than her and can I just say that those two are buddies to the end. They crack each other up and no one, but each other, really knows what they are saying. They share a love for Lightning McQueen and gummy vitamins. I couldn't have chose a better birthday buddy myself.
We took them to good ol' Chick-fil-a. Lame, I know, but we wanted them to have a place to play and I did NOT want to go to Chuck-E-Cheese. (Got plenty of years ahead of us for that!) The kids ate their chicken while Brian and I munched on our dinners. After eating, we let them loose in the play ground. Being that both kids are potty training, my "accident radar" was on. Brian and I were going to have to "rock, paper, scissors" to decide who will have to climb up there to clean it up. I don't care if he is 6'3" and won't fit as well, rules are rules. Paper beats rock! Luckily, when we called them down from the slide they both we dry and happy. Probably because we enticed them with ice cream cones. Needless to say it worked. The kids enjoyed their dessert outside and when they were done we headed home. We took Evan to his house and told Suzie and Craig about the wonderful time we had. I don't know if Keira will remember it, but I have the sweet memories of Keira turning two...but that's not all!
Upon the arrival to our own house, we were greeted by Brian's parents and Uncle Paul. They wanted to give Keira her birthday gift on her birthday. Sitting in our family room was a box bigger than the two year old tot who was in complete awe. It took some coaxing, but she got the hang of unwapping a gift. Soon, her "Party Time Kitchen" was revealed. Keira loved it so much. Brian had to put a few things together, but soon she was serving up tea and some kind of a food in a skillet.
It turned out to be an amazing day full of laughter, family and fun. God is so good. Brian and I are so thankful everyday for not only our sweet Kiki, but also the wonderful family and home we have. We are truly, truly blessed.









1 comment:

Blog Archive

Friends and Family

About Me

My photo
A family of four, trying to make it one day at a time.