Today was a fun day. We woke up at 7:30 to our sweet girl inviting herself into bed with us. That didn't last long. Her kicks and rolling get old really fast. Sometimes she will fall back to sleep and we all get another hour or so, but not today. Ok, everybody up! I went downstairs to start breakfast and Brian took Keira to go potty. She is doing well with the potty training. Obviously some days are better than others, but for the most part she has the hang of it.
Breakfast was waffles this morning. I love making breakfast...Dinner, not so much. I don't know why I have such a prefrence. Maybe because it is the end of the day and I'm just out of energy by then. So, we ate, cleaned up and started for our normal Sunday activites. Typically yard work and house cleaning. Keira was playing with sidewalk chalk outside while Brian pulled weeds from our front planter and yard. Yeah, we already got a letter from our HOA to get rid of the weeds and to paint the trim of our house. Lame!
Soon, Keira was done with her "chalking" and came inside with me. Unlike Daddy, I made her work. She cleaned up her playroom while I vacuumed. She is pretty good at cleaning up all the while singing her "clee mup" song.
By the time we were done with our house work it was time for lunch. Sandwiches all around. We read a little of the Sunday paper (mostly ads) and decided we should go to Toys R Us to do some shopping for Keira's birthday. After stopping for a drink at Starbucks we got to Toys R Us and shopped and shopped and shopped. We all had a blast. The cutest part was when Keira found the kid-sized McQueen car and said, "Mommy, look. A BIG McQueen!" Her vocabulary gets better and better everyday.
We ran a few more erronds, mostly for her birthday party and met up with Brian's parents and Uncle Paul for dinner. Ok, here is where my sweet daughter went from angel to MONSTER. I don't know what switch was flipped but I would appreciate it if it didn't happen again. Her manners obviously were checked at the door along with my patience and sanity. On top of everything else, the air conditioning was not working so well in the restaurant. In Temecula in the middle of July that isn't good. It was actually cooler outside than it was inside when we left! Ugh!
We got home and I gave Keira a bath while Brian mowed the lawn. (He does it either first thing in the morning or later in the day because it is so hot.) Soon followed brushing teeth and reading bedtime stories.
All in all it was a good day. Mostly fun with some definite challenges. Keep checking in the with blog to see what our family is up to. Feel free to post a comment. We would love to see what you have to say! Love you all!
End of the school year
4 months ago





No comments:
Post a Comment